Enjoy some time out amongst the colour and reflection that Port Stephens provides at the end of the day.
- Child (8 to 14 Yrs) must participate with an adult
Port Stephens Kayak Eco-Adventure
Join us on , Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays for an eco-adventure where we go beyond the boundaries and discover all the horizons of Port Stephens whilst experiencing our local Marine Park through the perspective of the adventurous. This long but rewarding journey will provide an ultimate outlook on the ecosystem, and may include some close contact with natural awesomeness. Our knowledgeable Guide will lead you on a path that meanders coves and coastlines, as well as those little pockets where sea turtles sometimes glide, birds of prey commonly perch, and where resident dolphins are known to feed.
Please note however, that this journey is designed to experience the diversity of the Port Stephens estuary and is not ‘dolphin tour’ specific. Our Guide will use local knowledge in the hope to provide some awesome encounters with dolphins and other wildlife, however sightings cannot be guaranteed.
Our tours are an eco-based adventure as a priority, using kayaks as a means to experience the natural highlights of Port Stephens in a way that does not disrupt the local ecosystem. We only allow a maximum of 8 persons on our tours as we feel that small is better when it comes to safety and sustainability.
Our tours only run when we’re sure we can fulfill the promise of a comfortable, safe, and awe-inspiring experience, but please expect to paddle for a long distance and away from the shoreline.
Despite our tours being designed for all levels of kayaking experience and those with a reasonable fitness level, we do ask you to bring an adventurous spirit and kindly ask those who wish to try kayaking for the first time under instructional guidance to consider our rentals, which remain within more sheltered, easy-going waters.
Available during Daylight Savings Period only: Oct to Apr
Please note the following important tour information:
- We only use double sit-on-top kayaks on our kayak tours; however, single kayaks are available for solo participants or one member of odd-numbered groups. Cushioned backrests are provided. Sit-in kayaks are NOT available.
- Swimming ability is essential for adults and preferred with children.
- Dolphins and other wildlife sightings happen often but are not guaranteed.
- Please consider that all tours are of moderate to long paddling distance and go quite a distance off the shoreline.
- All tours are subject to weather/sea conditions and availability.
Tours depart from Shoal Bay or Nelson Bay depending on weather and season. We let you know the exact departure location the day before the tour.
What to Bring & Wear
Bring – Drinking water, sun protection, and camera. Water resistant dry bags can be provided.
Wear – Swimwear or suitable clothing for paddling comfort. Remember, you are going to get wet.