Enjoy some time out amongst the colour and reflection that Port Stephens provides at the end of the day.
Discovery Kayak Tour
- Child (8 to 14 Yrs) must participate with an adult
Port Stephens Kayak Adventure
Join us on Sunday mornings (Daylight Savings Period only) where you’ll journey beyond the boundaries, whilst experiencing our local Marine Park through the perspective of the adventurous. This 2.5hr experience will provide an ultimate outlook on the Port Stephens ecosystem, and may include some close contact with natural awesomeness. Our knowledgeable Guide will lead you on a path that meanders coves and coastlines, as well as those little pockets where sea turtles sometimes glide, birds of prey commonly perch, and where resident dolphins are known to feed.
Our tours are an eco-based adventure as a priority, using kayaks as a means to experience the natural highlights of Port Stephens in a way that does not disrupt the local ecosystem. We only allow a maximum of 8 persons on our tours as we feel that small is better when it comes to safety and sustainability.
Our tours only run when we’re sure we can fulfill the promise of a comfortable, safe, and awe-inspiring experience, but please expect to paddle for a long distance and away from the shoreline.
If you’re an adventurous early riser who’s done a bit of long distance kayaking before, then this tour will be the one which will provide you with memorable rewards which are worth talking about.
Available during Daylight Savings Period only: Oct to Apr
Please note the following important tour information:
- You can choose between Single or Double Kayaks upon booking, but children 14 yrs or under must be booked onto a double kayak unless approved otherwise by our Guide. Cushioned backrests are provided. Sit-in kayaks are NOT available.
- Swimming ability is essential for adults and children.
- Some Kayaking experience, and a reasonable fitness level are essential to join this tour.
- Dolphins and other wildlife sightings happen often but are not guaranteed.
- Please consider that all tours are of moderate to long paddling distance and go quite a distance off the shoreline.
- All tours are subject to weather/sea conditions and availability.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before departure. Late arrival could result with missing the tour and no refund.
Tours depart and return from Shoal Bay beach, opposite our shop location.
What to Bring & Wear
Bring – Drinking water, sun protection and camera. Water-resistant dry bags can be provided.
Wear – Swimwear or suitable clothing for paddling comfort. No jeans or streetwear please. Remember, you are going to get wet.