Enjoy some time out amongst the colour and reflection that Port Stephens provides at the end of the day.
- Child (8 to 14 Yrs) must participate with an adult
Port Stephens Kayak Eco-Adventure
Join us on , Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays for an eco-adventure where we go beyond the boundaries and discover all the horizons of Port Stephens, looking out for dolphins and other wildlife along the way. Refreshments are provided!
Our tours are an eco-based adventure as a priority, using kayaks as a means to experience the natural highlights of Port Stephens in a way that does not disrupt the local ecosystem.
Our tours only run when we’re sure we can fulfill the promise of a comfortable, safe, and awe-inspiring experience, but please expect to paddle for a long distance and away from the shoreline.
Despite our tours being designed for all levels of kayaking experience and those with a reasonable fitness level, we do ask you to bring an adventurous spirit and kindly ask those who wish to try kayaking for the first time under instructional guidance to consider our rentals, which remain within more sheltered, easy-going waters.
Please note the following important tour information:
- We only use double sit-on-top kayaks on our kayak tours; however, single kayaks are available for solo participants or one member of odd-numbered groups. Having said this, if you prefer to paddle a single kayak, please let us know upon booking and we’ll see what we can do for you. Cushioned backrests are provided. Sit-in kayaks are NOT available.
- Swimming ability is essential for adults and preferred with children.
- Dolphins and other wildlife sightings happen often but are not guaranteed.
- Please consider that all tours are of moderate to long paddling distance and go quite a distance off the shoreline.
- All tours are subject to weather/sea conditions and availability.
Tours depart from Shoal Bay or Nelson Bay depending on weather and season. We let you know the exact departure location the day before the tour.
What to Bring & Wear
Bring – Drinking water, sun protection, and camera. Water resistant dry bags can be provided.
Wear – Swimwear or suitable clothing for paddling comfort. Remember, you are going to get wet.