Go on a solo paddle or share the love in a double kayak. Whatever your choice, the options for fun and adventure are near endless.
Port Stephens Sunset Kayak Experience
If there’s a way of winding down whilst getting exercise at the same time, then this is it! Enjoy time out amongst the colour and reflection that Port Stephens provides at the end of the day.
This tour is not available in summer but is the perfect choice in early spring or mid-autumn, when the winds are light and the air is crisp. Dolphins often join the party, and let us not forget the epic sunsets!
Sparkling wine or non-alcoholic refreshments provided!
Please note the following important tour information:
- We only use double sit-on-top kayaks on our kayak tours; however, single kayaks are available for solo participants or one member of odd-numbered groups. Having said this, if you prefer to paddle a single kayak, please let us know upon booking and we’ll see what we can do for you. Cushioned backrests are provided. Sit-in kayaks are NOT available.
- Swimming ability is essential for adults and preferred with children.
- Dolphins and other wildlife sightings happen often but are not guaranteed.
- Please consider that all tours are of moderate to long paddling distance and go quite a distance off the shoreline.
- All tours are subject to weather/sea conditions and availability.
Tours depart from Shoal Bay or Nelson Bay depending on weather and season. We let you know the exact departure location the day before the tour.
What to Bring & Wear
Bring – Drinking water, sun protection and camera. Water-resistant dry bags can be provided.
Wear – Swimwear or suitable clothing for paddling comfort. Remember, you are going to get wet.